Introducing the Reference II Series of bass cabinets from Jim Bergantino, featuring the Reference II Series 112 (Based on the original Ref112), and the all-new Reference II Series 115. With a new look and still utilizing ceramic magnets, the Reference II Series epitomizes the technology that bass tone was built on for more than half a century.
To help these new cabinets enjoy the highest ratio of “pound” per pound without compromising the tone and performance of ceramic-based speakers, we utilized a lighter weight, poplar ply shell while maintaining our Baltic Birch baffle for an unyieldingly solid bass tone with prodigious amount of presence and warmth in the low end.
If you’re a player that just can’t do without the ceramic feel and tone, but demand modern ergonomics and no compromise, the all new Reference II Series from Bergantino is for you…sometimes moving forward means looking back!
- Lighter weight solution utilizing class leading ceramic technology drivers
- Italian Poplar plywood and Baltic Birch ported cabinetry
- Durable Bronco Tolex covering- for long life and cabinet protection
- Hard-wearing grill cloth with metal cabinet corners
Up first is the Reference II Series 112, our lean, mean tone machine. We took the same great package tone purists loved and shaved off some weight without any sacrifice to that full-bodied, robust tone. Our Reference II Series 112 is the chameleon of the line and can achieve any sonic palette you input while faithfully reproducing YOUR tone. Many players loved our original Reference 112 because of the “blank canvas” it provided the player seeking a solid, no-frills bass tone – you know, the one that anchors any great band. Seamless, tight, quick and responsive all come to mind when thinking about how this cab speaks.
- uncompromising performance at any volume but at a manageable size and weight.
- perfect stand-alone cabinet that can belt out solid notes and feel without compromise. A pair will leave you wanting for nothing!
Well, who doesn’t love a big, luscious and warm 115? We certainly do and after hearing from many of you to bring back our original HT115, we decided to do just that…but with a twist. Introducing, the all-new Reference II Series 115. We’ve taken everything we loved about our previous offering, shaved some weight and added some whoop-a$$. The new Reference II Series 115 oozes warmth, dimension and “that tone”. With our proprietary “Speaker-file” curves, it can be made to sound full range and modern or vintage but never sterile, dry or vanilla. Combined with another REFII 115 harkens back to pant-flapping days of yore. Add a REFII 112 for a modular rig that sonically melds and is made to work together tackling any gigging situation.
- designed for the player that demands uncompromising performance from their cabinets but at a highly manageable size and weight.
- a new take on bass tone that harkens back to those stadium shaking, pant-flapping days.